[vorbis] oggenc lowpass switch?

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Fri Jul 12 16:59:12 PDT 2002

Will oggenc have a lowpass switch?  I would prefer to lowpass at
15-16khz at -q3 for use with FM broadcasting.  The additional
frequencies would be chopped off anyway by the transmiters hardware
lowpass filter so the encoder could use the addition bits for other
purposes.

It could be enforced that the lowpass can only be reduced and not
increased from the default.  This would stop people trying to obtain
20khz audio frequencies at -q0.

I could use a 3rd party filter but I want to encode on the fly and this
makes it impossible.

Ross.