[vorbis] Vorbis 1.0 binary - Beta4 still the best?

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Fri Jul 12 05:32:43 PDT 2002

Zvezdan Dimitrijevic wrote:
> I am sorry to say, but after extensive tests I think that Beta4 -b 112
> kb/s are better than new v1.0 with -q 5 or -b 160.
>
> Saddly but as I wrote before, I came to same conclusion with previous
> releases, RC2 and RC3.

What did you test? What sounds wrong in the newer versions? Beta4 was
the last encoder that didn't support coupled channels - the stereo
picture was always complete, but the audio quality itself wasn't that
good, imo. If you can tell what's actually wrong in your opinion, Monty
might be able to fix it.