[vorbis] Status of Peeling

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Sun Jul 7 08:38:07 PDT 2002

Hi,

I was wondering about the status of bitrate peeling in rc4?  I found a
post in the list archive (Oct 2001) that indicates that as of rc2,
peeling wasn't quite there yet, but should be better in rc3 and very
good thereafter.  Also, is there a utility to do this?  I'd like to have
a version of the file for my local use, and a lower bit rate file for
all those poor modem users out there.

Thanks,
Steve Bergman