[vorbis] Can't compile vorbis-tools CVS

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Sat Jul 6 05:50:18 PDT 2002

Geoff Shang (gshang at uq.net.au) wrote:

> Making all in intl
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/cvs/vorbis-tools/intl'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `all-no- at BUILD_INCLUDED_LIBINTL@',
> needed by `all-no'.  Stop.

One of your auto-tools (autoconf, automake, libtool) has failed to
expand the BUILD_INCLUDED_LIBINTL macro.  Thus it's being left in the
Makefile in its original form.

You probably need to upgrade or downgrade one or more of your auto-tools.

I've had good luck with autoconf 2.13 and 2.53, automake 1.4 and 1.4-p5,
and libtool 1.4.2.

I've definitely had *bad* results with libtool 1.3.5.

> sed: can't read ./intl/po2tbl.sed.in: No such file or directory

I don't have a guess on this one.

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |