[vorbis] Best quality setting for mp3 transcoded old radio shows

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Tue Jul 2 03:41:16 PDT 2002

Moritz Grimm (gtgbr at gmx.net) wrote:

> Steve Bergman wrote:
> >  Basically, my reasons are 'religious' in nature.  But I don't want to
>
> Baaah ... isn't there a law somewhere that says "keep religion and
> technology seperate"? ;P

There's a long tradition of "religion" in technology -- vi vs. emacs,
Linux vs. BSD, Unix vs. VMS, sendmail vs. qmail/postfix, every window
manager vs. every other window manager, ....

And last, but not least, Ogg vs. MP3.

So if there's a law, it must be one of those laws that *everyone*
breaks, like speed limits.

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |