[vorbis] Seeking in a saved stream; or,Why isn't thatsucker valid?

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Tue Feb 12 21:51:50 PST 2002

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Stephen Commiskey wrote:

> I have observed time-of-stream problems with ones I've obtained with wget.
> That's a nasty stream, of course, but it plays just fine.

The time problem (the one where the time is very large, anyway) is actually a
"feature," sort of.  Err, it's more like an ogginfo bug in dealing with an Ogg
feature, really.  The granulepos numbers (used to compute time) don't have to
start at zero, and usually won't in a stream you download.  (Time 0 is usually
when the stream was first started.)  Ogginfo should probably subtract the
start time from the end time, rather than just assume the end time is the
total time.

---
Stan Seibert