[vorbis] Ogg in my car

Vince Busam vince at sixpak.org
Mon Feb 4 13:06:26 PST 2002

  Ok, so I'm definately a little greed wanting free arm libraries for Ogg.
The free PC libraries and the free arm WMA libraries have spoiled me a
little.  I personally would be willing to pay for libraries, but I don't
know too many companies what would be willing to pay, or increase the cost
of their product.  Obviously, SonicBlue and Creative haven't seen fit to
pay for it on their arm products.  These cheap portables are the last
place I can't play Ogg, and I don't see that changing until free libraries
are available.  Obviously this has been discussed before here - but how
about a new wrinkle?  What's the feasability of getting a bunch of Ogg
enthusiasts who own these devices to donate money towares an open
fixed-point port?

Vince

--
Vince Busam