[vorbis] Ogg in my car

Segher Boessenkool segher at chello.nl
Fri Feb 1 10:43:39 PST 2002

Reuben Martin wrote:

>   I hope this hasn't already been mentioned on the list or I'll kind of look
> stupid...
>
>   The Ogg Developers may already be aware of this, but I thought this would
> be news for most of the people who subscribe to this list. I saw this on
> NewsForge where they referenced an article from MP3Newswire.net  The article
> is about Kenwood announcing a digital music system for cars that supports
> Ogg Vorbis. Read more about it here :
> http://www.mp3newswire.net/stories/2002/musickeg.html

The product page:
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/product.jsp?productTypeId=162&productLineId=1&productId=2373

The actual press release:
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/lounge/article.jsp?pressReleaseId=42

This device doesn't seem to support Vorbis.  It's just the PC software
that comes
with it that allows encoding to Vorbis.

The page about that encoder:
http://www.phatnoise.com/products/software/encoder.php

Note the footnote:

        "OGG Vorbis format is not supported by the PhatNoise Car Audio System
        and is only offered as an additional encoding format."

Sorry to disappoint you.