[vorbis] Re: WinVC UTF8 problems

Glenn Maynard glenn at zewt.org
Wed Feb 27 13:43:38 PST 2002

> From: Jernej Simončič <jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si>
> Subject: [vorbis] Re: WinVC UTF8 problems
> To: SyP <vorbis at xiph.org>

Err, vorbis at xiph.org isn't SyP; this is wrong and a little confusing.
You might want to give your mailer a poke.

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 10:57:25PM +0100, Jernej Simončič wrote:
> I know that Delphi 6 has functions UTF8toAnsi and AnsiToUTF8, and they
> work fine under Windows 98... (I even made a program for converting
> ANSI to UTF8 and vice-versa which entirely relies on these functions)

You have to be careful with these types of functions, even in NT: you
can't convert everything to ANSI and then back when writing, since
you'll lose anything not in the current codepage.  You can use it for
reading, but you have to be careful when writing.

--
Glenn Maynard