[vorbis] OggEnc to stdout

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Feb 20 23:43:58 PST 2002

At 06:20 PM 2/21/02 +1300, you wrote:
>Michael,
>
>Is there any chance oggenc can be modified so screen output is sent to
>stdout & not stderr?  This would allow me to write a windows front-end
>with % complete info.  Currently I notice that the line "Encoding with
>VBR" is being sent to stdout & the rest to stderr.  A change would be
>much appreciated.

The 'Encoding with VBR' message is fixed in CVS - it now goes to stderr
too. I can't make this change, informative output has to go to stderr.
You're welcome to use libvorbis directly for an encoder, or to capture
stderr (which is generally slightly, but not much, more difficult than
getting stdout).

Info output to stdout breaks data output to stdout (and yes, this IS
broken in rc3, because of the VBR message).

Michael