[vorbis] libvorbis config error

Jon Odegaard s13 at refrigerant12.com
Sat Feb 16 07:04:19 PST 2002

Hi all.

I found some references to a problem similar to mine in the archives,
but none of the solutions posed there worked, so I'm left to ask again.

I'm running Debian 2.2r5, libc6, and as far as I know all other
necessary libraries for compilation.  libao and libogg compile and
install fine, but when I try run ./configure for libvorbis, it fails and
says it can't find libogg.  libogg is in /usr/lib, and I sent the
configure script the --prefix=/usr option.  I included the end of my
config.log file below.

Most of the problems I saw mentioned were from vorbis-tools not finding
the libraries, in which case pointing the config script was all that was
necessary.  On my machine, it seems to find the libraries ok, but ends
up with an "undefined reference to `atexit'".  Anybody have any suggestions?

configure:5644: gcc -o conftest -O20 -ffast-math -mno-ieee-fp
-D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char  -DUSE_MEMORY_H -I/usr/include    conftest.c
-lm -L/usr/lib -logg 1>&5
/usr/lib/libogg.so: undefined reference to `atexit'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 5628 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <ogg/ogg.h>

int main ()
{
   system("touch conf.oggtest");
   return 0;
}

-D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char  -DUSE_MEMORY_H -I/usr/include    conftest.c
-lm -L/usr/lib -logg 1>&5
/usr/lib/libogg.so: undefined reference to `atexit'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 5672 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"