[vorbis] OGG lossless?

Bostjan 00 at email.si
Thu Feb 14 01:46:21 PST 2002

Hello,
I noticed that kbps jumps quite high in -q 10 mode and is nearing lossless
compressors.

Would it be a difficult task to make OGG a lossless compressor at -q 10?

I don't know much about lossy/lossless compression internal logic, so excuse
me if my question is out of place. But this would be a really nice feature
that would make OGG an "all in one" tool.

Cheers,
Bostjan