[vorbis] Where's the tool to do .ogg bitrate "peeling"?

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Wed Feb 13 00:13:56 PST 2002

> Also, I vaguely recall a post that suggested that current RC3 files can
> be peeled, but that there is much "peelable file creation optimization"
> that can be done in the encoder to improve on the resulting peeled file
> quality.  Am I crazy, or is that the case?

You're not crazy, that was Monty, i.e. as authoritative as it gets, on this
matter. :^)

And if *I* remember well, that was not a case of "improv[ing] on the
resulting peeled file quality", but of allowing the file to be peeled at
all, at least in a first phase. So our lovingly crafted RC3 files may be out
  of peeling luck. :^(

--
"MP3 the king is a mighty warrior, but he's showing new wounds.
Ogg [Vorbis] is the successor to the throne ... In this case,

Nicola Larosa - nico at tekNico.net