[vorbis] Seeking in a saved stream; or,Why isn't that sucker valid?

Stephen Commiskey scommiskey at pharmacology.umsmed.edu
Mon Feb 11 14:15:06 PST 2002

[megasnip]
> > > stream_integrity=fail
> > > stream_truncated=true
> > > header_integrity=fail
> >                    ^^^^
> > odd one there.  But if it were true, it couldn't play.

> Uh, more weird is that there are two of them.  It looks like vorbisfile
> decided that there were two streams, and the last one has a damaged header
> (or more likely, the last packet doesn't contain Vorbis headers at
> all).  Perhaps this is what confuses most players.  This looks like a chained
> stream with a bad second part.

I realize that I may have unintentionally been misleading you by leaving some information out.  That error report from ogginfo keeps going, repeating the same 3 errors (as above) over and over again.  It ends after a stream_truncated=true, not giving a final header_integrity=fail.  (Perhaps because there's not another packet?)  Then it reports a total playtime of 0.