[vorbis] Looking for a batch encoder program

Philip M. White pwhite at gigacluster.net
Sun Feb 10 19:36:30 PST 2002

While I am waiting for a 1.0 release of Ogg Vorbis, I made a "WAV" folder on my computer and have been regularly ripping CDs into that folder using Exact Audio Copy. Right now that folder has 3.4 GB of wave files in different subfolders. Is there a program in which I could specify this "WAV" folder, and it would go and recursively convert all WAVs into oggs of the same filename using a specified encoder?

A bonus would be if it parsed the filename ("Artist - Title.wav", always dash-separated) and made the appropriate tags.

Any thoughts?

                                                -- Philip.