[vorbis] WinVC v0.91 released

Carl-Eric Menzel calle at bitforce.com
Thu Feb 7 06:39:39 PST 2002

> Fixes problem not displaying tag values with lowercase tag names.
> Supports multiple templates for filename scanning & saving (renaming).
> The "Scan filenames on Open" option uses the first defined template only.
> Supports drag & drop onto the icon to open files.
> Tab ordering & form resizing fixed.

Very good! I'm pretty spoiled by now by things like MP3/TagStudio,
which is a super-flexible tag editor for MP3s, so I've always waited
for something like this. While a monster like MP3TS would be nice,
this is certainly a very good program and does what I need in 90% of
the cases. Thanks!

> I'll make this v1.0 soon if I don't here any bug reports in the next few
> days.

One minor problem: A (configurable?) character replacement table is
needed. Some of the song titles I have contain characters like for
example "/", which can't be used in filenames. It would be nice to be
able to have them mapped automatically to a fitting character when
renaming (but still keeping them in the tags!).

I haven't found any real bugs yet, though.

Regards
Calle

--
 Carl-Eric Menzel  | "They that can give up essential  | OpenPGP ID: CDE2A81B
 ----------------- |  liberty to obtain a little       | - Encrypted Messages