[vorbis] default quality settings...

Hugo van der Merwe s13361562 at bach.sun.ac.za
Wed Feb 6 02:53:56 PST 2002

I use "jack" for my ripping, changed a few things here and there to get
the "right" switches for oggenc. I reported a wishlist item to it's
author to make the defailt -q instead of specifying bitrate. So for the
time being he has set it to -q5, without the ability to specify quality
on the command line, like bitrates for mp3. -q5 sounds high to me. He
said it should be at least the quality of lame with --r3mix. As I don't
know lame very well, I don't know what exactly that is.

Suggestions? What would be similar to to --r3mix? I'd guess -q4.99 would
also be "better" than -q5?

Hugo