[vorbis] WinVC - Multiple file tag editor!

Ross Levis ral at baycom.co.nz
Sun Feb 3 19:29:05 PST 2002

> Source? :)

It's in Delphi 5.  I will make the source code available when I'm happy with
it, if anyone wants it.

> I havn't used it yet, but you might find these screenshots helpful for
> an interface:

Initially I've designed the interface for the 95% of users who just want
something very simple and can see the tags they are interested in on one
form.  I may add an advanced tab in the future.

> I wouldn't recommend shelling to vorbiscomment.  Link to the
> real library (or what passes for a library); it'll be faster,
> you don't have to do any parsing when reading,
> it might save on some charset issues, etc.

It may be slightly faster but much more difficult & I don't have much time
to work on it.

> Another note, this to anyone writing tag editors: try to get
> multilingual support right.  It takes effort, especially if you won't
> use it yourself, and I'll help anyone that needs help (if I can).
> Having multilingual support in the file format is great--but it's
> useless if editors don't support it.

I have no experience with multilingual support but if it can be done with
vorbiscomment then I'll look into it.

Cheers,
Ross.