[vorbis] Quality & Tags

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Sat Feb 2 19:40:20 PST 2002

So vendor isn't just a tag in the tag section?  Would it break anything
to add the "encoding" information to the ogg header in the same way the
vendor tag is?

Awaiting your answer before removing the "ENCODING" tag from the
proposed standard...

Wait.  Wasn't the "header format" already standardized, and thus
inviolate?  So we can't add in "encoding" at this point... so we need to
say "its a tag in the comment section"?

Jonathan

http://reactor-core.org/ogg-tag-standard.html