[vorbis] Quality & Tags

Keith Wright kwright at gis.net
Fri Feb 1 19:58:21 PST 2002

> From: "David K. Gasaway" <dave at gasaway.org>
>
> > The information would mostly only be reliable if you keep the files to
> > yourself.
>
> Actually, I *can* think of another way to keep the data reliable.
> Closed <gag> source.  <faint>

You could make some protection against random changes by putting
your name in the Makefile instead of in the source code, and
having it check a hash code of the source and change the
encoder version to something insulting if it did not match.
You could make the whole thing unforgable with cryptographic
digital signatures, but would that be worth it?  (No.)

--
     -- Keith Wright  <kwright at free-comp-shop.com>

Programmer in Chief, Free Computer Shop <http://www.free-comp-shop.com>
         ---  Food, Shelter, Source code.  ---