[vorbis] Bzip2 & Ogg Vorbis

Segher Boessenkool segher at koffie.nl
Thu Dec 26 21:20:01 PST 2002

Monty wrote:

> That was a bug in setting granule position.  I'm not sure if it's
> still there.  It's not some fundamental drawback of rehuff-- just a
> bug.

I claim that the bug is that libogg requires granpos to be set on all
packets you feed it, but doesn't set it itself on all packets it feeds
the app using it.  That places the burden of calculating something
that's internal to libogg and not generally useful to most apps on the
apps, and is at the very least bad interface design.  I will not fix
this in rehuff (I might fix it in libogg, though, but the libogg<->libvorbis
interface needs to be changed for it, and that will happen with libogg2
*anyway*, so I'd rather just wait :) )