[vorbis] Very low bitrate encoding

Christophe Leske leske at online.de
Fri Dec 6 01:16:16 PST 2002

> example) 8 kbps. Some encoders will automatically (without
> prompting the user) resample the input to reach these low
> bitrates. Some, like oggenc, will not do this automatically,
> but rather require the user to specifically request resampling.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.
I was indeed thinking about a special mp3 encode i had in mind that
probably does exactly this.

> Then use the options described.

I did (as you could read in my subsequent email), and i achieved the
lower bitrates i was after.
The lowest rate i could get was 8 KBit/s at 8000Hz.

Thanks again for your help,
Christophe Leske