[vorbis] stupid cd player mod question

SwiftBiscuit swiftbiscuit at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 5 15:02:44 PST 2002

Take stereo, throw in bin, buy DVD player.
Seriously hack or obtain a firmware upgrade that
includes a vorbis decoder as well as the mp3 decoders
that they all have nowadys.
Have fun.

It's by far the simplest method and borrows the CD-RW
and menu systems that exist in the DVD player, leaving
"only" the vorbis decode issue.
Maybe slotting in the guts of a CDi machine would be
less drastic, but there's not much point.

I know jack sh*t about all this shtuff, but I felt
like contributing my nonsense anyway :)
~SB