[vorbis] Newbie question

Carsten Orthbandt carsten.orthbandt at sek-ost.de
Mon Dec 16 06:15:04 PST 2002

Thanks for the info. The scheme I use now is to fill two buffers
for playback with only full packets. The buffers are allocated to
hold roughly half a second each. So I should be fine with a max
packet size of 32 kB.

Regarding the problem with the libs, I decided to build one
monolithic library. For us, this has three benefits:
- a single lib instead of three
- a single OV wrapper class that follows our styleguide
- less headers for clients to include (wrapper is opaque)

When having this beast cleanly running, I'd happily provide all
files for this lib. I made no changes to any file in the original
distribution so we can drop in new versions as they are released.
As long as no new files are added to the lib, replacing the old
source with new one is making copies of four directories.

If you'd rather have someone troubleshoot the existing Win32
workspaces, I can do that only for VS.Net (we have no machines
left with VS6 installed).

Regards,

---
Carsten Orthbandt, Director Development
SEK SpieleEntwicklungsKombinat GmbH
http://www.sek-ost.de

"Wenn ich Visionen habe, gehe ich zum Arzt." - Helmut Schmidt