[vorbis] Odd broken oggs ...

Sebastian Droege sebastian.droege at gmx.de
Sat Aug 10 09:39:09 PDT 2002

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 18:20:58 +0200
Hugo van der Merwe <hugo at adept.co.za> wrote:

> > If you used grip, you most likely have it incorrectly set to put ID3
> > information on your ogg files. grip shouldn't let you do this, but it
> > does - and it causes the ogg files to be corrupt. There are other
> > possibilities, but this is by far the most likely.
>
> Ah, yes, likely. It was grip. Nowadays I use jack. Are ID3 tags just
> added to the end? Can they be removed again?
Hi,
If it's an ID3 V1 oder V1.1 tag you just have to remove the last 128 bytes of the file... if it's V2.x you have to do some maths and remove some bytes from the beginning of the file (www.id3.org for infos)

Bye

--
I take no responsibility for anything I say or do and shall not be responsible for any consequential damages!