[vorbis] crash in ov_open with Win2K crt

Tom Malcolmson Tom at Malcolmson.com
Fri Aug 9 08:56:07 PDT 2002

I'm using the Vorbis Win32 SDK v1.0 on Win2K SP2 with VC6 SP5.  The ogg
files that I'm testing with were generated by the latest version of CDex
which uses the 1.0 Vorbis Encoder.  I'm linking against the dynamic
debug libraries (eg. vorbisfile_d.lib), and my CRT is debug
multithreaded.

The call to ov_open in the following code causes a crash in fseek.

        if (0 == pFile)
                return FALSE;
        m_pOggFile = new OggVorbis_File;
        if (ov_open( pFile, m_pOggFile, NULL, 0) != 0)
                fclose( pFile );

I switched to using a Win32 callback structure and the problem went
away, so I don't need a solution, I'm just letting you know.

BTW, I'm sorry there are no Ogg newsgroups.

Tom.