[vorbis] New decode chip

Shawn core at enodev.com
Tue Aug 6 08:32:42 PDT 2002

The fact that gcc 3.1.1 produces 10% faster code on my athlon than 2.96
would seem to suggest that there is room for improvement in the way (at
lower levels) things are done.

The truth is, finding the best way can be done by evolving code. You
just have to think of the algorithm at it's lowest levels right down to
the nuts and bolts.

You are correct to say that this does not fully exploit the power of
genetic algorithms.

--
Shawn Leas
core at enodev.com

I went to a general store.  They  wouldn't  let  me  buy  anything
specifically.
						-- Stephen Wright