[vorbis] Setting up the trig tables.

Timothy J. Wood tjw at omnigroup.com
Sat Aug 17 15:02:14 PDT 2002

On Friday, August 16, 2002, at 06:36  AM, Govind Kharbanda wrote:

> As some of you know, I'm creating a hardware MDCT core.  At the moment
> I'm working out the best way to create a lookup table for the trig
> values, as set up in mdct_init:

   I thought it was standard practice to build trig functions via CORDIC
or something like that.  At any rate, I would sort of assume that a
lookup table would be the last approach in a hardware design.  It seems
like you would take less footprint with a circuit that could do a
series approximation of trig functions than putting in a lookup table.

   (I've never designed hardware, only read about it, so maybe I'm just
misinformed -- I'm certainly interested in hearing more about the
hardware implementation of Ogg, though)

-tim