[vorbis] How to distinguish ABR & VBR ogg files?

Tom Malcolmson Tom at Malcolmson.com
Fri Aug 9 08:56:07 PDT 2002

I want to display info about Ogg files to Windows users.

The docs tell me how to distinguish CBR (nom=min=max bitrate), but how
do I distinguish between ABR and VBR streams?

When I created my Ogg files (with CDex) I set the 'quality'.  Is there
some way to read this from the Ogg file?

Should I avoid calling the ov_bitrate function because it has to read
through the whole stream?

Thanks,
Tom.