[vorbis] Vorbis codec delay

Jan Tore Korneliussen jtkornel at yahoo.no
Thu Aug 8 03:30:34 PDT 2002

I'm evaluating audio codecs for use in a video
conferencing application, and was interested in vorbis
due to its high quality and patent-free algorithm.
Encoding/decoding delay is one parameter vital for
conferencing usage which I have not been able to find
in any FAQ or documentation. Before I start to dig
into the code to "reverse engineer" the delay I would
like to ask if anyone on the list has sucessfully
determined the delay of the codec. (Maybe I have just
missed some document?)

Jan Tore Korneliussen    |
jtkornel at yahoo.no        |   +47 952 13 672
Fayes gate 20            |