[vorbis] Tag Proposal -> Tag Standard

Ben Pearre bwpearre at mit.edu
Mon Apr 29 07:57:22 PDT 2002

> My winamp only plays vorbis files! :P The question is, does it show you
> what you want to know. My opinion is that a tag only needs to report
> basics, track nr, album, artist and comment. Who needs more ??

Since volume := vigourousness, I'll chime in and say that I need more
as well :) For me the absolute essentials are COMPOSER, CONDUCTOR,
ENSEMBLE, TITLE, PART, URL or CONTACT, and LICENSE.

ID3v2 wouldn't suck...  it'd save much discussion if we just adopted
that and limited the OGG tags to a completely freeform string,
tag-free.  Still needs LICENSE, though.

--
bwpearre at alumni.princeton.edu                http://hebb.mit.edu/~ben