[vorbis] Winamp 2.80 Vorbis problem confirmed on my comp

Karol Pietrzak noodlez84 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 28 13:36:44 PDT 2002

I first downloaded Winamp Lite, which did not have Vorbis
plugin, and installed the latest PP Vorbis plugin:
http://www.blorp.com/~peter/zips/in_vorbis.exe

That did not work, for some reason.

Afterwards, I downloaded the Standard version and tried playing
ogg files: it didn't work either.  I installed the latest PP
Vorbis plugin over this version, but still the same.

What's up??

I found a very temporary solution: I have a very old version of
PP's plugin lying around my computer: 1.17c (from 2001).

Interestingly, version 1.17c installs libvorbis.dll into
\Plugins.  The default 2.80 one doesn't and neither does the
latest PP one.

My system:
Windows 95 w/ latest updates (i.e., Internet Explorer 5.5, DCOM,
Winsock 2, etc.)

--
Karol Pietrzak
PGP KeyID: 3A1446A0