[vorbis] Vorbis on Empeg

Jeremy M. Hanrahan hanrahan at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Wed Apr 24 06:40:19 PDT 2002

This is great! -but, problem is, I don't have a car!

I have been waiting for a portable (compact-flash based) player to
arrive that plays oggs.
(I have been partitioning Frontier Labs to support vorbis as they
released a firmwear upgrade to play WMA a while back. -Their response to
the negative was always to do with the lack of an integer decoder for
their Texus Instuments TMS320VC5416 DSP. )

I hope that _someone_ out there is now working on a portable vorbis
player, -so I too can listen to my oggs while comuting on my bike :)

-jez

http://empeg.comms.net/php/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hackers_prog&Number=8
5604
&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=all&vc=1

Check out "tman"'s post at 15/04/02 05:41 PM

--Wilson.

'vorbis-request at xiph.org' containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the
body.  No subject is needed. Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will
be ignored/filtered.