[vorbis] DirectShow filters ?

David Balazic david.balazic at uni-mb.si
Wed Apr 24 00:33:34 PDT 2002

Hi!

First , on page http://www.vorbis.com/software.psp?pid=2
"Other Software Which Supports Ogg Vorbis"
there is a link to http://mediaxw.org (Ogg Vorbis DirectShow Filters)

The page is gone. It has a notice that it moved to
http://sf.net/projects/mediaxw

I sent this note to feedback at vorbis.com.

Second, that project is suspended.

But there is another one at http://tobias.everwicked.com/oggds.htm,
( also see http://tobias.everwicked.com/ )
a quote from the site :

Current version 0.9.9.1 (last modfied 22.04.2002)

The ogg vorbis package consist of four filters

 - Ogg Splitter (splits Ogg files into the different Ogg streams)
 - Ogg Multiplexer (does the mupltiplexing of several Ogg streams into a file)
 - Vorbis Encoder (encodes PCM audio to vorbis. CBR and VBR modes)
 - Vorbis Decoder (decodes vorbis audio to PCM or IEEE float)

-- end quote --

So an update to the vorbis.com pages is in order IMHO.

Note that I have no experience at all with the second project.
So I wonder how complete it is and if there are even other alternatives.

--
David Balazic