[vorbis] ABX Samples?

Troy Telford troy at myrealbox.com
Sun Apr 21 12:22:28 PDT 2002

Anybody know where I can find ABX samples (original and ogg) that used
RC3 or better encoding?

The only ones I've been able to find are RC2 (or RC1)

PS - on a side note, on pcabx.com's "very easy" training samples, I seem
to be completely deaf to the differences between the "Original" and
their "test" samples.  (Distortion sample only), but I do hear
everything else up to the "Difficult" samples.  Of course, maybe I just
don't know what to listen for.  My listenig equipment should be better
than my ears are, though:  Klipsch ProMedia 4.1 speakers, SB Live
Platinum 5.1 (I know, it's sound ain't the greatest...)

What particular aspects of Vorbis are particularly well-suited to this
weakness in my hearing?  (I'm figuring that lossy stereo is a big win
here for me)

(The big thing here is that I don't know what kind of actual distortion
their 'distortion' sample has; not being able to tell the difference.)