[vorbis] Ogg Movies

Ingo Ralf Blum ingoralfblum at gmx.de
Wed Apr 17 03:39:24 PDT 2002

> Thanks for your input.
>
> My last chance is to change the FrameRate with a Hex Editor.
> Is the FrameRate (or FrameDelay) in Ogg Media Files written in Plain Text?

Unfortunately the header structure is not open. However, since DirectShow is
used, it is very likely, that a VIDEOINFOHEADER structure is used to hold
the data. You can find a definition for the structure on the Microsoft
developers site:

http://msdn.microsoft.com

To find the right field, you can try to locate the FOURCC code of the codec.
This is stored in the biCompression field of the BITMAPINFOHEADER, which is
part of the VIDEOINFOHEADER. With this information you can locate the
beginning of the header. Then you have to change the nAvgFramesPerSec (or
similar, I don't remember) field with the hex editor. As usual on the PC
platform, the data is stored in little endian byte order.

This seems complicated, but since the format is not documented, you have to
reverse engineer a bit.

Regards,

Ingo