[vorbis] Tag changes

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Wed Apr 10 22:18:15 PDT 2002

[Some better organized ideas from me...allegedly]

On 9 Apr 2002 at 18:28, Jonathan Walther wrote:

> For me, the order a part should get played in is an important part of
> "knowing what I'm listening to".

A good arguement for placing the part number in PART, but not for rules
saying where is should go or how it should look.

How about this:  it's obvious that placing the part number in PART can
improve sorting.  Anyone can figure that out without an explicit
statement in the standard saying so.  If you want to hint the user,
that's okay by me.  I would prefer if this "hint" was more obviously
separate from the rest of the PART spec.  Say, in a second paragraph
with appropriate wording that makes the distinction clear.

> I can guess which part I'm listening to by how far
> through the Ogg I am, but only if I have that sequence number available.

I can't figure out what you mean here.  How does a number help you
determine what part you are listening to within a multi-part ogg?

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org