[vorbis] Tag changes

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Tue Apr 9 11:36:30 PDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 02:20:49PM -0400, John Wedoff wrote:
>http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis-dev/200010/0124.html
>
>    My official position on the 'DATE' field, as originally recommended by
>    others, is that it follow the ISO 8601 international date format. This
>    standard makes sense, is seeing wide adoption and in general solves
>    the problems of thinking of subtle date issues for us (like being able
>    to sort dates alphabetically and have them be in proper order). No need
>    to reinvent the wheel.

Thank you for the link and the quote.  I didn't realize similar
discussion happened on the vorbis-dev mailing list.  How does this
wording sound to you then?

    The date must be in ISO 8601 format, but may be followed by the date in
    a different format, separated from the ISO 8601 date by a space
    character.

Jonathan

--
                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2