[vorbis] >16-bit Input in Oggenc?

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Apr 17 02:04:04 PDT 2002

>I know my soundcard can handle it (TerraTec EWX 24/96). It
>seems that Oggenc likes different kinds of floats than PP's WAV

I've had no bug reports with that, but do note that it won't
currently work (the floating point input) on big endian machines,
or on anything with non-IEEE floats. There are probably some
other system types where it'll have problems too. Since the
floating point input doesn't seem to get used much, I haven't
bothered fixing this.

It definately works right with normal floating point wav input,
since I have had success reports.