[vorbis] Tag changes

David Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Mon Apr 15 10:52:16 PDT 2002

Beni Cherniavksy wrote:

> If you use some VorbisSortingGUIWizard that can sort by whole tags or
> even by several fields (surprising for a wizard :) then splitting the
> information into two tags: "DATE=2001-04-15", "DATE=(an example)" can do
> the job (assuming it looks at first instance of given tag).

The problem comes with associating the dates and the extra text.  No,
I'd rather keep the two together.

> vorbiscomment -l *.ogg | \
> sed -n -e 's/^DATE=\([0-9-]*\( [0-9:]*\)?\).*$/DATE=\1\2/p'

Ah, here's the key (I think): ".*$"

> Cute ;)  Long live unix!  Pardon me if you know all that but I
> misunderstood what you misunderstood.

I thought you were saying that I should split the extra data out into
another tag *and* apply some crazy filters!  :D

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org