[vorbis] Tag changes

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Sun Apr 14 00:45:12 PDT 2002

So in other words, ISO 8601 is fucked.  However it is a standard, and
one could envision standard libraries cropping up that sort dates
properly, but ONLY if they are conforming ISO 8601 dates.  So I've
tightened the definition of DATE a bit more.  Thanks for providing the
helpful examples.

Cheers!

    DATE
    date or date-time of relevance to the track. The date must be in ISO
    8601 format, but may be followed by a space character, then any text
    you wish, including the same date in any other format. None of the
    alternate formats in ISO 8601 may be used. Only the primary format in
    ISO 8601 is to be used.
    q.v. http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html eg,
    DATE="1999-08-16 (recorded)" or
    DATE="1999-08-16 recorded August 16, 1999"

Jonathan

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 11:14:50PM -0800, David K. Gasaway wrote:
>> They would only be directly sortable if every ogg in question used the
>> very same variation of ISO 8601.
>Hmm, wow, everyone left.  Maybe I should clarify, then.  Here are some
>DATE examples:
>
>2002-03 Performed
>2002W20-4 Mixed
>02-04-13 Released
>1924 Composed and published
>1996-050 Goober

                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2