[vorbis] encoding bitrates, different machines...

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Thu Apr 11 05:10:32 PDT 2002

> btw, I tried to encode the same track with the same machine 4 times. The
> encoded files had the same size, but cmp -l showed many different bytes.
> Strange.

One cannot do a straight cmp over two rippings of the same track. The
keyword here is "offset". Since the DAE technology is imprecise, each track
will start at a different offset, so you have to realign the samples before
comparing.

--
Two witches watch two watches. Which witch watched which watch?

Nicola Larosa - nico at tekNico.net