[vorbis] CBDTPA

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Wed Apr 10 09:42:12 PDT 2002

Jack Moffitt wrote:
> > Only to the poor americans. The rest of the (sane) world would be
> > unaffected.
> self sustaining, this is just not true.  You'd be affected by the simple
> fact that Vorbis development as you know it would probably cease.  Monty
> and I are both American, and would both be subject to this law.

For a worst case scenario, would it be possible to make the Ogg project
officially non-american - so that Monty and you become officially
employees of a foreign company? (I mean officially, not actually ... I
doubt that anyone would deny you two the technical and intellectual
leadership of the project if that situation would occur. Sorry, couldn't
find more clumsy words than that.. ;P)