[vorbis] CBDTPA

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Wed Apr 10 08:36:32 PDT 2002

> Only to the poor americans. The rest of the (sane) world would be
> unaffected.

Yeah right.  As much as I'd like to think that any modern country is
self sustaining, this is just not true.  You'd be affected by the simple
fact that Vorbis development as you know it would probably cease.  Monty
and I are both American, and would both be subject to this law.

A lot of open source software is developed in the U.S.  Not everyone is
going to move to Canada or some other country.

Just because it doesn't restrict what _you personally_ do, doesn't mean
it won't have some affect on your life.

jack.