[vorbis] Replay Gain for vorbis

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Apr 10 03:34:37 PDT 2002

At 08:37 PM 4/9/02 -0700, you wrote:
>I had completely forgotten about Replay Gain until Mr. Seibert reminded
>me.  Wasn't there talk of adding this to vorbis-tools?
>
>Anyway, I went here:
>    http://sjeng.sourceforge.net/ftp/vorbis/
>And downloaded the source for the replay gain tool.  Unfortunately, I
>cannot compile it.  The errors regard parameters to ov_read_float.  Is
>there updated source somewhere else?

There are two things here:
rc3 was released with a somewhat broken ov_read_float(). post-rc3 cvs
corrects this (breaking binary compatibility, but that's broken more
severely by other things, which is why the library version number has
been increased).
The replay gain tool has a #define in it (somewhere) called something like
#OV_READ_FLOAT_BROKEN (that might be completely wrong, but it should be
obvious once you find it).

If you're using rc3, make sure this is defined. If you're using post-rc3
cvs, make sure it is NOT defined.

Michael