[vorbis] Tag changes

David Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Tue Apr 9 09:55:32 PDT 2002

Jonathan Walther wrote:

> The issue arose; in a track with multiple PART tags, how do you
> associate a particular PARTNUMBER tag with it's appropriate PARTNAME?
> Because of that issue, please see the current definition of the PART
> tag.

I believe you only need a PARTNUMBER when both PARTNAME and PARTNUMBER
are singletons.  When PARTNAME is a multiple, PARTNUMBER is implied by
the sequence of the PARTNAME tags.  PARTNUMBER is needed when the work
is divided into files, one per part.

And PLEASE tell me why ISO 8601 was chosen for the DATE format.  I don't
recall having that discussion.  The only threads I remember are the ones
I linked yesterday, and those are decidedly against a format for the date.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org