[vorbis] Tag changes

David Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Tue Apr 9 09:13:11 PDT 2002

Jonathan Walther wrote:

> This seems to me like the best solution.  And as David Gasaway pointed
> out, we already specify that the DATE tag should be in ISO format.  So
> why not specify the PART tag similarly?

Actually, I was pointing out that DATE should probably *not* be
restricted to ISO format.

> I agree.  Did I post to this mailing list my Ogg scripts to rename an
> Ogg based solely on the contents of its tags?

I don't think so.

> Ah.  Well obviously PARTTITLE is the superior solution to TRACKTITLE.
> I'm just wondering, are there any situations that TITLE and PART between
> them don't cover?  If so, then we could add a tracktitle.  It seems to
> me that in every CD I've ever seen, the title of a track is the same as
> what would either go in the TITLE tag, or in the PART tag.  In cases
> where the CD itself is "the work" and you would ordinarily use TITLE, we
> have the ALBUM tag, so the meaning of the TITLE tag becomes what the
> PART tag would have been...

Yes.  Sometimes the TITLE contains the track description; popular music
would generally work this way.  With the previously mentioned Don
Giovanni example, TITLE would be "Don Giovanni" and PART would have the
individual track descriptions.  I admit, though, I needed Jonathan's
help to work this out.  :)

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway