[vorbis] Tag changes

David Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Mon Apr 8 12:38:47 PDT 2002

Ben Pearre wrote:

> Or do you advocate making all
> people name their music the same?

I don't think anyone suggested that.  Instead, you'd have the
information in PART and would have to either parse it, or name by hand.

> (getting a computer to sort Roman numerals is harder than getting it
> to sort decimal numbers.  The standard should specify decimal!)

 > Make explicit that when order matters, NUMBER should be in
 > decimal, followed by a period, colon, or some character of your
 > choosing.

Zounds!  Various vorbis honchos have strongly opposed specific formats
for tags.

Hmmm.  I've just noticed that the DATE tag description reads:
"The date itself should be in ISO 8601 format."

See:
   http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis-dev/200108/0224.html
   http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis/200103/0068.html

>>I believe thats what Monty has stated on the list.

:)

> I had more in mind
> _adding_ TRACKTITLE, but David Gasaway convinced me that it should be
> PARTTITLE instead...

I did what?! :)  It might be worthwhile to keep PART even if PARTNUMBER
is added.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway