[vorbis] Unreal Tournament 2003

Andreas Karlsson hermes at home.se
Fri Apr 5 20:42:42 PST 2002

At 20:12 2002-04-05 -0500, you wrote:
>Orpheus isn't an Epic employee though Mark Rein is our vice president.
>Anyways, the Unreal Engine has been using Ogg Vorbis for streaming music for
>almost a year now I think.
>
>-- Daniel, Epic Games Inc.

This is certenly good news. If Epic decides to use Ogg in Unreal others
will follow.
I´m quite sure that the new Unreal Engine will be used (under licence) in
other games
just like the other Unreal Engines (Unreal Tournament) has been used. But I
guess
the soundsystem can be replaced for something other. And the soundsystem is
probably not hardcoded into the engine.
Ah, well. A big leap forward for our favourite soundformat. :)

//Andreas Karlsson