[vorbis] Fw: ov_open failing with all files

Lance Paine lancep at wapdomainz.com
Mon Apr 1 13:41:26 PST 2002

Hi,
I'm experiencing (what I think), is an odd problem. Whenever I try to open a
plain ogg file with the code below, it is failing with OV_EBADHEADER.
I am able to open (and play), blowfish encrypted files using the
ov_open_callback (and openssl BIO functions), so I thought maybe I had
struck some silly problem with the default FILE * handlers.

So I whipped up a basic callback handlers for FILE * that return -1 on the
seek function, but a call to ov_open_callbacks fails with the same results.
I'm using a static build of RC3 with MFC dll on Visual C++ 6.

Any ideas?

TIA Lance

FILE *fd = fopen("c:\\Welcome.ogg", "r");
 if ((ret = ov_open(fd, &m_file, NULL, 0)) < 0) {
  switch (ret)

  case OV_EREAD: TRACE(" - A read from media returned an error.\n");
  case OV_ENOTVORBIS: TRACE("- Bitstream is not Vorbis data.\n");
  case OV_EVERSION: TRACE(" - Vorbis version mismatch.\n");
  case OV_EBADHEADER: TRACE(" - Invalid Vorbis bitstream header.\n");
  case OV_EFAULT: TRACE("- Internal logic fault; indicates a bug or
heap/stack corruption.\n");
  }
  AfxTrace("Error: input not an Ogg Vorbis audio stream.\n");
  return false;
 }